"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, August 08, 2016

OLYMPIC US FENCER WITH HIJAB TRASHES AMERICA

The first Muslim to participate in the Olympics under US sponsorship complains she doesn't feel safe in America:
“[I feel unsafe] all the time. I had someone follow me home from practice and try to report me to police,” she said. “And this is right on 28th and 7th in New York City.”

“I’m very vocal about these things because I want people to know I’m not a novelty, I’m not special in any way, I’m a woman who wears hijab and these are my experiences,” Muhammad said.

Muhammad, who came second to Michael Phelps in the vote for who should carry the U.S. flag at the Opening Ceremony on Friday, said the country is at crossroads.

“I want people to know that as hard as [these racist incidents] are on me, they don’t come even close to things we’ve seen like the shooting in North Carolina or the rhetoric around the Khan family at the DNC. It’s ridiculous and we as a country have to change and I feel like this is our moment.”

Asked by the Daily Beast what she thought about Donald Trump’s contribution to Islamic relations in the U.S., she laughed and said: “Who? I’m sorry, what did you say? I don’t know him.”
Curious that she had nothing to say about the jihadist attacks in Orlando, Boston, San Bernardino and Chattanooga. All that matters to her is the Religion of Peace.

According to Hot Air, she's been disqualified from the competition by France's entrant, Cecelia Berder, and France could certainly use a victory after the terrible experience they had of recent. Unfortunately, it looks like Hilary Clinton is now using her as a political prop, exactly what she was surely hoping for.

No comments: